Saturday, September 19, 2009

Felix’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar

Location: 739 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70116
Phone: (504) 522-4440
Website: http://www.felixs.com

Turtle Soup: (J) My first time eating turtle (and alligator below) and it tasted like...meat. All I could taste was the soup. (S) Yea, didn't taste any distinct turtle flavour. I was reluctant to try it because I can't imagine eating my pets; and so I never will again.

Louisiana Alligator: fried. (J) You could get this blackened or fried. I asked the waiter which one he recommended and he immediately replied "fried". He later explained that you get more with fried, and I looked like I wanted more. Good man. The alligator had no distinct flavour that I could tell, but anything battered and deep fried tastes good. The white dipping sauce was amazing. (S) Tasted like chicken.

Bayou Platter Sampler: Red Beans (left), Jambalaya (right) & Étouffée (middle). Served with bread. (J) The etouffée was good and spicy, and had tiny shrimps in it. Red beans and rice was plaino. Jambalaya had a spicy piece of sausage in it. (S) Etoufee was too spicy for me. Red beans was alright; jambalaya had a bit of spice, but I liked the sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment