Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cochon

Location: 930 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: (504) 588-2123
Website: http://www.cochonrestaurant.com

Drinks: homemade lemonade (left) and Abita root beer (right). (J) The lemonade was not overly sweetened. (S) I was reconnected with my long lost root beer. I like Abita!

Complimentary bread and butter.

Cochon: Louisiana cochon with turnips, cabbage & cracklins. (J) It was their signature dish so we decided to try it. The cracklins were good, as all pork rinds should be. The pork was peppery. (S) I don't normally choose to eat fried pork skin...but vacation calls for unusual eating. I was expecting more considering the price; it tasted alright, wasn't the best first impression of NOLA.

Wood-fired Oyster Roast: topped with a bunch of things. (J) The waiter recommended this. The flavour was good with just a little spice. These were eaten and gone much too quickly. (S) Again, was expecting more considering the price. It was a bit too spicy for me, so I only ate the meat and skipped the sauce.

Macaroni and Cheese Casserole: (J) Very creamy. Tasted good with the hot sauce (above). (S) This was really good. So creamy and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment