Friday, September 18, 2009

Emeril's New Orleans

Location: 800 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: (504) 528-9393
Website: Emeril's New Orleans

3 Courses in 30 Minutes For $19.50


Complimentary bread: (J) I think they were brioche (left) and cornbread with sugar on top (right). The guy surprised me by plopping down refills when we finished eating our bread. I left mine alone though because I didn't want to get full.

Appetizers


Abita Root Beer braised "Fresh Bacon" Salad: with Red Cabbage Slaw, Crisp Yucca, Radish, Shaved Jalapeno, Goat Chesse, Pork Cracklings and Citrus Vinaigrette. (S) I didn't quite taste the root beer, and there was a good chunk of fat on the pork. I think J ate the fat that I left, haha. (J) I was expecting more salad than bacon, but it was the opposite. I may have eaten two of the three pieces of leftover fat.

Crispy Gulf Oysters: with Blue Crab Slaw, French Watermelon, Crystal Butter and Feta. (S) This was so refreshing. I really liked the fruits. Super yummy! (J) This was the best thing ever! The oysters were crispy on the outside and oh so creamy on the inside. The slaw had good chunks of crab in it, and the melon lightened it all up.

Entrees


Sautéed Rainbow Trout: with Artichoke Sweet Potato Hash, Blue Crab and Preserved Lemon-Fennel Compote. (S) ZOMG, I loved this dish. I hyped it up a bit too much for J while I was eating it. I really liked the sweet sauce and how everything went together. The waiter commented on how clean my dish was afterwards: "it's almost as clean as when I got it." (J) It was over-hyped by the time I got it haha. I liked how the sweet sauce had a complex taste from all the ingredients.

Truffled Gulf Shrimp "Louis": with Butter Lettuce, Citrus, Smoked Bacon and Chopped Egg. (S) This was really good too, not as good as the fish, but it was pretty refreshing too. (J) I liked the shrimp and the egg, but I already had my fill of bacon from the salad.

Desserts


Vanilla Bean Crême Brulée: with Seasonal Cookie. (S) Of course I had to get the Crême Brulée...and it was amazing! The top layer was a good crunch and everything just tasted really good. (J) I scraped the bowl to try and eat everything.

Lemon Curd Tart: with Torched Meringue and Seasonal Berries. (J) Good tartness. Meringue was nice and gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment