Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ding Tai Fung

Location: 3235 Hwy 7 E. Unit #18B, Markham ON L3R 3P3
Phone: (905) 943-9880





















Shanghai Dim Sum: cold soybean drink, hot and sour soup, steamed dumplings, vegetables, rice cake; desserts: sesame dumplings in fermented rice soup, black sesame soup, and some pastry; not shown: noodles, chicken with cashews, beef with onion.

(J) I didn't order so I don't know some of the ingredients. The dumplings were really good and filled with juice that burst in your mouth. I also liked the vegetables that had a strong garlic flavour. The fermented rice soup was interesting, and tasted a little like alcohol. (S) I liked the Xiao Long Bao, and the Chow Nian Gao...doesn't beat my grandma's though. The fermented rice wasn't as intolerable as how my mom likes to make it. Not as putrid. I didn't mind this one at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment