Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ap Ku Jung

Location: 6309 Yonge St, North York ON M2M 3X7
Phone: (416) 229-6248

Boiled Whole Chicken with Noodle and Congee Meal


Side Dishes: (clockwise from left) seaweed, hot sauce, zucchini, potato, bean sprouts, kimchi. (J) Simon was right; the hot sauce was good and not too hot. (S) I like the potato and zucchini.

Chicken: whole chicken boiled with ginseng, green onions, dates and other good stuff. The chicken was then cut up (scissors!) and served to each person. (J) Boiled chicken was not boring because of all the side dishes, and the hot and soy sauces. I also got steamed cooked with the portable stove right beside me. (S) Yup, you came out all red. Very tasty yet healthy chicken.

Noodles: flat green noodles were then added to the pot and cooked in the chicken broth. (J) Good wholesome dish. I'd eat this on a cold day, or if I was sick. (S) I agree with Renee that the noodles is the best part.

Congee: rice added to the remainder of the chicken/noodle broth. (J) The rice soaked up all the good flavours. (S) I was super full by congee time.

Yogurt Drinks: (J) I used to drink these all the time. What an interesting complimentary dessert. (S) Yummy bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment