Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taste of the Danforth

Location: Greektown
Website: http://www.tasteofthedanforth.com

Appetizer


Spanakopita: spinach and cheese pie from Europa Fine Pastries & Bakery. (J) I was starving so this tasted really good, especially the cheese. (S) I really liked this, it was so crispy outside and spinach & cheesy inside. Mmm...

Meat Phase


Chicken Gyro: from Messini. (J) Fries in a gyro is the best thing ever. (S) OMG, so good!

Lamb Chops: from Louis Meat Market. (J) We got a bonus baby piece of lamb too (not shown) yum. (S) Lamb is always so yummy!

Pork Souvlaki: from Astoria. (J) There was a long curving line for this but it was worth it. Very big and moist pieces of meat. Bread was suprisingly soft and soaked up the pork juices nicely. (S) Yea, I was surprised at the soft bread, pleasantly surprised. The meat was so big, bigger than the other souvlakis along the Danforth.

Calamari: from Taste of the Silk Road. (J) The lineup here went right across the street! I enjoyed these calamari fries, but I would have liked more batter and crispiness as well. (S) Not super impressed, way greasy and not crispy.

Sweet Phase


Hazelnut Gelato: from Mocha Mocha. (J) We asked for pistachio but ended up with hazelnut?! Still tasted good. (S) Man, I said pistachio.

Loukoumades: honey balls from Athens Pastries. (J) These crunchy balls burst with honey when you bit into them. One would have been satisfying; I ate four and I was done for the day. (S) I ate one and that was all I could down...way too sweet.

Cream Pie: custard pie from Athens Pastries. (J) This tasted like nothing after eating the loukoumades! I think I tasted some custard. (S) This was SO GOOD. I'm glad I got this, it was so good compared to the honey balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment