Sunday, August 23, 2009

CNE

Location: The Canadian National Exhibition
Phone: (416) 393-6300
Website: http://www.theex.com

Corn Dog: regular size from Mitch's Monster Dogs. (J) They were out of regular sized dogs, so we got a freshly made batch. (S) You could feel the freshness through the napkins, it was steaming!

Free Samples: carrot cake, pizza/quesadilla (?), pickle, and water. (J) We caught the end of a cooking demonstration and just lined up for the free food. (S) Yep, good timing!

Regular order: honey garlic wings, fries, and dill dip from St. Louis Bar and Grill. (J) I don't even like St. Louis wings, but I go anyways for the really good fries and dill dip. (S) I like the wings, but the fries and dip are awesome!

Pizza: vegetarian slice from Pizza Pizza. (J) The slice was tiny. (S) Yea, I don't know why I was craving pizza.

Hot Ice Cream Waffle: (J) Perfect balance of hot and cold. (S) I was tempted to get another one.

Buffalo Burger: 100% pure Canadian bison 6 oz. (J) I was confused by the two animal names on the sign, so I looked it up and North American bison are called buffalo. Good burger with that wild meat taste. (S) I like the taste of wilderness.

Beaver Tail: Killaloe Sunrise (cinnamon sugar and lemon juice) from BeaverTails. (J) Hot right from the fryer. Good sugar particle crunch and lemon tang. (S) Texture was good, lemon fit in well with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment