Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Messini Authentic Gyros

Location: 445 Danforth Ave., Toronto ON M4K 1P2
Phone: (416) 778-4861
Website: http://www.messini.ca

Pita bread and salad: pita bread with crushed olive dip. Messini salad: green salad, dill, tomatoes, red onions, olives, dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (J) I didn't eat much pita bread because I knew a lot of food was coming. I chose the garden salad because I had too much cheese during my last visit. (S) Onion breath...haaaaaaaa.

Pikilia: a traditional platter for two consisting of tirokafteri (spicy cheese dip), tzatziki, cheese pie, spinach pie, dolmades (grape leaves stuffed with rice) and greek butter beans in a tomato sause. (J) Good variety, but next time I just want spinach pie. (S) I <3 spinach pie. The other stuff wasn't bad either.

Grilled Calamari: (J) I had a craving for calamari with lemon sprinkled on top. The calamari pieces were huge, and grilled just enough so they were tender. My pieces were slightly too salty for me though. (S) I had to eat all the tentacles, but despite the way they look, they were super super delicious.

Double Gyros Pita: pita dinner plate. Lamb shaved from the spit and served in a pita topped with onions, tomatoes, tzatziki and french fries. Served with salad (above) and rice. (J) For only $2.45 more you got a second gyro! The lamb, the fries, the fluffy pita...everything was soo good. (S) I really wanted to eat the 2nd one, but was waaaay too full.

No comments:

Post a Comment