Thursday, July 16, 2009

5th Elementt

Location: 1033 Bay street, toronto, ON M5S 3A5
Phone: (416) 923-8159
Website: http://www.5thelementt.com

Summerlicious


Appetizer

Parsley Butter Shrimp Skewer: mango vinaigrette, tender greens. (J) I was surprised there were so many shrimp. (S) Lots of yummy shrimp, very good. I wanna try the bacon-wrapped scallops next time.

Rack of Lamb: sweet potato mashed, lamb jus. (J) Lamb was so tender. (S) Yea, so good; Very impressed.

Main Course

Kashmir Lamb Shank: mashed potato, greek cheese crumble. (J) I didn't notice any cheese crumble. I liked that it didn't have a strong lamb taste. Extremely tender. (S) I left you half the cheese crumble but forgot to mention it was on the spoon, oops. Fall-off-the-bone goodness. I had absolutely no trouble eating this with utensils, as I didn't have to scrape things off the bone.

Los Angeles Baseball Steak – 10oz: sweet potato fries, celery dip. (J) I asked for rare, and the steak was nice and soft. The dip was really tasty. (S) *Drools. The steak was blooding. I was very impressed.

Dessert

Orange Mango Cheese Cake: elder berry syrup. (J) The Oreo on the bottom was good. (S) This one wasn't as heavy as the one below, but it was also super good. Very impressed.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Feast: strawberry sauce. (J) It sounded weird on the menu, but everything worked well together, and it tasted really good. The Reese candies on top added a good crunch. (S) Holy crap this was so good. I'm glad there wasn't a lot of strawberry stuff on it.

(S) Very successful and satisfying Summerlicious menu for $25. I would definitely come back; 5th Elementt is back in my good books.

No comments:

Post a Comment