Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Biryani House

Location: 25 Wellesley St. East, Toronto, ON M4Y 2S9
Phone: (416) 929-9444
Website: http://www.biryanihouse.ca

Aloo Papri Chat: mix of garbanzo peas and potato crisps, topped with yogurt and tangy sauce; mango lassi. (S) Spiiiicy. it made everything else spicy, but good thing it went away after a while. The mango lassi came to us warm. (J) I liked the app; the crunchy bits made it interesting. The lassi got good in the end when the ice melted.

Gosht Nizami: lamb shank browned and stewed in a gravy of yogurt, tomato and a secret blend [of] spices; naan. (S) This was soooo good. I <3 naan & lamb. I thought this was spicy too, but I think it was just from the appetizer. The lamb was fall-off-the-bone and it tasted good with the curry after scraping off the cilantro. (J) The bone was huge and had a lot of meat. Half of my naan was burnt.

Zhinga Latpati: tiger shrimps tossed in the chef’s own specially created masala, served on a base of tangy mango chutney; rice. (S) I really really liked the sweetness of the sauce and the shrimp, sooo good. I must admit, I splattered on the dinner table while prying the tails off. Oops. (J) Shrimps were big and juicy. Sauce tasted like Chinese sweet and sour sauce.

Kulfi: ice cream made with saffron and pistachio flavour. Served with phaluda, garnished with cherry and fresh mint. (S) This had a strange texture. It was gooey but also solid like ice cream. It was too sweet and the texture was weird. I did like that top layer of green stuff and the pistachio bits in it though! (J) The taste reminded me of cooked milk. There was no garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment