Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bâton Rouge

Location: 520 Progress Avenue, Scarborough ON M1P 2K2
Phone: (416) 296-2222
Website: http://www.batonrougerestaurants.com

$25 Prix Fixe

Starters


Lentil soup: (J) tasted like a regular vegetable soup. A bit too salty.

House salad: fresh mixed greens topped with croutons, chopped eggs, bacon and honey mustard dressing. (J) Great cheesy bread. I liked the egg flavour of the salad. (S) Agreed. Cheesy bread was so good.

Main Dishes


BBQ Ribs and Chicken: 10 oz. of our signature pork back ribs and a 6 oz. marinated grilled chicken breast basted with our own BBQ sauce. With coleslaw and fries. (J) Such mountainous fries and slaw! The server was right and the ribs were really good. The chicken was moist, but I was too full to eat it. (S) The ribs were good. I ate the chicken and it was good too! I didn't like the coleslaw as much though but whatever, it's just a side.

New York striplon: 10 oz. AAA Sterling Silver. Mouth watering steak, grilled to perfection. With steamed vegetables and garlic on the side. (J) Steak was easy to cut and chew. Vegetables had a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Didn't use the garlic much. (S) Agreed. I'd get the Peppercorn sauce instead of the garlic next time. I kept dipping into Andrea's Peppercorn sauce.

Dessert


Chocolate mousse: (J) so light and sweet, which only became a bit too sweet near the end. I would like the flavour in brownie form. (S) It was nice at the beginning, but got too sweet for me, it was kinda hard to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment