Saturday, July 9, 2011

St. Andrews Fish & Chips

Caesar Salad: (J) I liked the bacon bits. Nice even coating of dressing. (S) Pretty standard salad.

Clam Chowder: (J) Reminded me of cream of mushroom soup. (S) The soup was pretty good. You could see and taste the clams.

Halibut & Chips Dinner: with pickled beets (below) and pop. (J) Fish was meaty. I think I like Highland's better. (S) The fish was good, the batter was lightly seasoned.

Steak and Mushroom Pie & Chips Dinner: with mushie peas (below) and tea. (J) I liked the pie holes on top to trap all the gravy. Thick fries. (S) So flaky and meaty. I liked it. We had to take the fries home.

Pickled Beets and Mushie Peas: (J) They forgot our sides until I asked at the end. Dinners were also supposed to come with Scottish bread, but we never got any. Peas tasted like the red beans in Chinese sweet soup, except not sweet. (S) Beets were pickled and made me sweat since I ate most of it all in one go. If it came at the beginning of the meal, I would have had more time to space it out. All in all, the food was good, but the service was a little iffy. All the included items that were supposed to come with our meals were "forgotten".

Location: 1589 Ellesmere Road, Toronto ON M1P 2Y3
Phone: (416) 431-6574
Website: http://www.standrewsfishandchips.com


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment