Friday, October 16, 2009

The Old Spaghetti Factory

Location: #54 The Esplanade, Toronto, ON M5E 1A6
Phone: (416) 864-9761
Website: http://oldspaghettifactory.ca

Minestrone Soup: "a hearty vegetarian tomato soup with garden vegetables, beans and elbow macaroni". (J) Small and salty, but nice and hot. (S) I like noodles in soup.

Spinach Salad: "baby spinach tossed in a rasberry vinegarette dressing with fresh tomatoes, red onion and candied pecan nuts". (J) Lots of onions, but it tasted good with all the ingredients in one bite. I thought the nuts were walnuts. (S) I really liked the dressing, it was sweet. Onion breath attack...*haaaaaaa

Spaghetti with Mushroom Tarragon Sauce: "sautéed whole button mushrooms swimming in a rich tomato tarragon cream sauce". (J) I liked this sauce from when they sold pasta at BuskerFest. Mushrooms looked like meatballs. Good for carbo loading. (S) The sauce was pretty good. I liked the mushrooms. Carbo-up before 10K run!

Smoked Salmon Linguine: in dill sauce with peppers, peas and capers. (J) Smoked salmon was very salty, and the sauce was very creamy. This was the dish that made me full. (S) I like linguine. I like salmon. Win!

Raspberry Cheesecake: topped with a chocolate. (J) Berries were good. (S) Not bad.

Spumoni Ice Cream & Tea: (J) I was full at this point. I mixed the remaining ice cream into a light brown soup. It tasted good. (S) I ate some of the pistachio section, but yea...way too bursting to finish the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment