Monday, October 19, 2009

Commensal

Location: 655 Bay St. Toronto, ON M5G 2K4
Phone: (416) 596-9364
Website: http://www.commensal.ca

Food Plate #1: items included quiche, lasagna, carrot salad, pasta salad, and flat bread; pea soup with croutons. (J) This restaurant was buffet style with food cost based on weight. I thought the "noodles" tasted funny, but they were tofu! Soup was good and warm. (S) I really liked the lasagna, cheesy broccoli, and whatever that green/brown stuff is in the middle left. The soup was really good too.

Food Plate #2: items included arame seaweed salad, chickpea salad, quinoa salad, lemony fennel salad, potato salad, and shepherd's pie; pink grapefruit juice; vegetable velouté soup with croutons. (J) I wanted to make this a salad plate. I enjoyed all the different types of tangy, refreshing salads. The shepherd's pie tasted like oatmeal mixed with corn. The grapefruit juice was really good and pulpy. (S) I liked the shepherd's pie! I'd go back for more of that. I also liked the lentil salad (I think it was that).

Food Plate #3: items included greek style tofu, thai seitan, ratatouille, sweet potato, ma po tofu, squash, chili, and kashmir rice with lentils. (J) I liked the firm pieces of tofu. Lots of tasty sauces. (S) The yam reminded me of the sweet potato fries i used to make. Yumm.

Dessert Plate: items included nut & raisin pie, poppy seed cake, soya cake, cheese cake, carrot cake and chocolate square. (J) Poppy seeds in a dessert was weird, but it tasted good with nice light cream. The nut & raisin pie tasted like a butter tart. The chocolate square was also very good and tasted like a regular brownie. (S) The chocolate cake tasted like healthy. I was surprised the the brownie tasted like a brownie. The butter tart was so good too. I was bursting!

No comments:

Post a Comment