Saturday, August 6, 2011

Taste of the Danforth

Centennial Alumni Pre-Taste of the Danforth


Free Food 1: sausage, baklava, cheese pie and random naan. (J) We weren't planning on going to the Taste of the Danforth this year, but Centennial College had this alumni event with free food and parking! That naan was out of place. Baklava was sweet, but not too big so it was just right. (S) I saw naan so I picked it up...I've been leaning towards sausages vs burgers because the sausages are always so much juicier. BBQ burgers seem to be so thin and lifeless. Yay for free! Least amount of money spent @ Danforth yet!

Free Food 2: chicken souvlaki, baklava and cheese pie. (J) Chicken was hot and fresh off the grill, and really moist. (S) Chicken souvlaki was oh so juicy. The sauce made it taste even better.

Taste of the Danforth


Greek Yogurt: free samples of strawberry and honey flavours. (J) I liked the strawberry better. (S) Agreed, strawberry is better. Free samples!

Cream Pie ($2.50): from Athens Pastries. (J) Flaky dough filled with hot custard. (S) I always have to get this. I like that the custard isn't too too sweet, and that the pastry is so flakey.

Kataifi ($2.50): dough strings with some nut filling and soaked in honey (J) First time trying this. It was really sweet, so don't think I'll eat it much. Interesting texture, like fried noodles and honey. (S) One bite was way too much for me. I'm not a fan of the honey-drenched pastries.

Location: Greektown
Website: http://www.tasteofthedanforth.com/


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment