Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mississauga Convention Centre

Claire & Peter's Wedding


Hors d'oeuvres














Cold: chicken wrap, cucumber thing, salmon on bread, stuffed thing; Hot: deep fried pickle, spring roll, mushroom pastry, sausage wrap, beef pie, quiche. (J) I really liked all the hot items. The pickle was really unusual but tasty. (S) The deep fried pickle was a nice surprise. I also really liked the mini beef pie, reminded me of a Jamaican beef patty, yumm...

Dinner


Starters: cream of potato and leek soup (top), salad greens with balsamic vinaigrette, salmon and rice (bottom). (S) The soup was soooo good. I liked how thick it was, and the green onion was super tasty. The portion of salmon was sooo big. It was moist and very good as well. The rice was really good too. I would have been very satisfied if the food stopped here. (J) Soup was creamy. I liked the olives in the rice. The portion size was that of a main!


Main Entree: filet mignon, chicken breast stuffed with sundried tomatoes & goat cheese, Parisienne potatoes & vegatables. (J) The steak was bacon wrapped, which was a surprise. Meats were tasty and moist, but stomach was running out of room! (S) I finished the steak; it was so moist and done just right. I could not finish the chicken, though it was also very good. I liked the stuffing in it.

Dessert: ice creme crepe with blueberry sauce, chocolate triangle and whipped cream. (J) This reminded me of an ice cream waffle. Not sure what the tomato thing was. (S) I wish there was more chocolate on the crepe, but otherwise, yumm!

Seafood Platter: lobster, clam, mussel, shrimp. (J) Seafood had a nice sauce. I only ate a little of this so I would have more room for desserts. (S) I only had a mussel and clam, but I really wanted to try the lobster...darn allergies!

Dessert Table









Pastries, almond cake, custard, wedding cake, fruits, carrot cake, cheesecake, chocolate cake, flan tart, cannoli. (J) I liked the variety. (S) So many desserts. We wanted to try them all, yumm!

Location: 75 Derry Road W., Mississauga ON L5W 1G3
Phone: (905) 564-1920
Website: http://www.mississaugaconvention.com

No comments:

Post a Comment