Sunday, June 20, 2010

Luminato: 1000 Tastes of Toronto

Grilled Chicken & Rice: from Mis Amigos. (J) There was no option for plantains like last year. Chicken was tasty, except for the charred bits. (S) A bit of it burnt through the plate. I liked the sauce and the rice was yummy!












Free Samples: from President's Choice; smoked meat sandwich, carbonated drinks (mango-peach and pomegranate-cherry?), mini ice cream cones (marshmallow chocolate swirl and rainbow). (J) I tried rainbow ice cream, which was cotton candy plus a berry flavour. It was very artificial tasting, but not bad. (S) I liked the marshmallow chocolate! The berries with the drinks were very good too! Good thing for me, Dri doesn't like condiments.

Poutine: with beef gravy from Poutini's. (J) The fries were fresh out of the fryer. We had a big chunk of cheese curd. (S) This was pretty good, I liked real cheese curds.

Fish: with plantains and salad, from Les Amazones. (J) A good amount of food. The plantains were thick like wedges, and had a good chewy texture. Not sure what kind of fish it was. I heard salmon, but the colour was wrong. (S) I didn't like that the fish had bones, but owell. It didn't taste bad. The plantains hit the spot; soooo good.

Tarts: berry and butter, from Dufflet. (J) We couldn't decide what to get with our last ticket, so we ended up with dessert. They were big and sweet. I liked the berry tart better; not too sweet and had a crumble on top. (S) I liked the butter tart better; it was super sweet! Haha.

Location: Queen's Park North, Toronto ON M7A 1A2
Website: http://www.luminato.com/2010/events/155

No comments:

Post a Comment