Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Masala Art

Address: 1404 Yonge street, Toronto, ON M4T 1Y5
Phone: (647) 340-0160
Website: http://www.masalaart.ca

Tofu Tikka: A mild marinade of masalas on Tofu, cooked in Tandoor to perfection. (J) Tofu was nice and firm. (S) I liked the sauces.

Lamb Korma with garlic naan: Lamb pieces in a cashew nut based gravy with tomatoes and onions simmered with cream, cooked till tender. (J) Spicier than I expected, which was good for me. I couldn't taste the garlic on the naan at all. (S) Naan tasted so good, and the Lamb was very nice, I wanted more!

Chana Masala with roti: A Delicacy from Punjab. Chick peas cooked in onion and tomato gravy with a special masala blend. (J) Could have used more spice. The korma was spicier. Roti was hard and thin like a cracker. (S) Only because you eat roti all the time! I didn't mind it, and the chana masala was at a good level of spice, not painful like last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment